War and Peace

Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family. Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one.

~Jane Howard

posted today at Way Cool Quotes


New today at Way Cool Pictures:
A striking image from the 2006 Chelsea Flower Show in London, UK. The garden was designed as a 'natural haven of peace, inviting visitors to journey from the stressful world of consciousness to an altogether more alluring destination, idealised in dreams..'


After the 2006 Chelsea Flower Show closed, this figure was bought by Olivia Harrison, the widow of George Harrison. She has been continuing to restore the large Victorian garden at their house in Henley-on-Thames, UK.

Beautiful isn't she?

And then as I was surfing for pictures for my picture blogs, I came across this one, and decided to post it as today's Question of the Day.




My answer was that I engage in warlike activities all the time, for example... I might be engaging in a war on dirt in my house, a war on weeds in my garden, a war on mice in the walls of my home... etc etc. And it occurs to me that maybe there is another way to go about accomplishing my goals without having a warlike attitude.
How about you guys, what do you think?


And so I started thinking about peace vs war, and I was able to come up with a desktop wallpaper for Mandala Madness. I think it came out pretty cool, here it is:



A beautiful mandala to bring peace to your desktop.

If you want to download it, just go to Mandala Madness. If you have a desktop wallpaper mandala image, or get inspired to make one and want to share it, just let me know. I'd love to post it at the blog, and I would of course give you credit, and links back to your web pages. So don't be shy.

And last but not least:
On the prosperity project today, we have one of the weekly meditations that come to me via email. It's from Pragito.

Description:
Suddenly you see a friend you have not seen for many days and you feel joy arising in your heart. But your attention is on your friend, not on your joy. Then you are missing something and the joy is momentary.

When you see a friend and suddenly feel a joy arising in your heart, concentrate on this joy. Feel it and become it, and meet the friend while being aware and filled with your joy. Let the friend be on the periphery, and remain centered in your feeling of happiness.

When and Where:
You can try this technique in many situations. For example, the sun is rising, or you suddenly see your pet, or any external situation that brings a feeling of joy arising in your heart.... be centered in your own feeling of joy. Instead of being
object-centered, become self-centered.

Whenever there is joy, you feel it is coming from without. That is not the actual case. The joy is always within you. The friend/the external situation has just become a situation to trigger the joy within you.

Benefits:
Whenever this happens remain centered in the inner feeling, and then you will have a different attitude about everything in life. You become the emotion of joy itself, and there will be a great change in you.The joy spreads through your whole being and your awareness deepens it.


And that's it for today!

No comments:

Ask The Plumber Guy!

The Plumber Guy

Ask any how-to question, and get an immediate answer from The Plumber Guy! It doesn't even have to be a plumbing question... this guy is great with how to fix just about anything! Go on... you know you want to... ask him a question.
Your question:
Plumber Guy says: