Labels out of control

So today, I have been working on the labels for Way Cool Quotes. There are so many that it's just out of control. I wish I could find a way to tag the posts in 3 different ways, and have the option of posting each one.

With Quotes you've got first of all, the author. If I'm looking for Abraham Lincoln quotes, I want to be able to click on "Abraham Lincoln" and pull them all up. And then you have the more general categories such as "humor" and "motivational". If I am just looking for an inspirational quote, I need to be able to click on "living large" and then pick and choose from there. On the other hand, I might also be looking for a quote about something really specific, like for example "fog". I would then want to look at all the quotes with the word "fog" in it.

I do have a nice little search widget which I got from Beautiful Beta, and that would take care of the "specific word" issue, and even the specific author issue. However, I cannot seem to make myself limit my tags to just a few categories. Plus, sometimes I find it really difficult to decide just what category a quote might fit into. And then there are lots of quotes that just don't seem to fit into any category. So what happens is that I tag each post with every tag that I can think of that seems appropriate, which gives me a gagillion tags that are only listed once.

With the label cloud hack, I have been able to avoid having ALL of them show up on the page, but I just keep thinking that there must be a better way to organize it all. So that's what I've spent all morning doing... tagging and retagging a gagillion quotes.

Ok, enough said about that, now I'm going to get busy and get the label cloud hack going on THIS blog.

No comments:

Ask The Plumber Guy!

The Plumber Guy

Ask any how-to question, and get an immediate answer from The Plumber Guy! It doesn't even have to be a plumbing question... this guy is great with how to fix just about anything! Go on... you know you want to... ask him a question.
Your question:
Plumber Guy says: